Saturday, December 10, 2005

Why Wynona, Why?

I don't know why, but I subconsciously picked two Wynona Ryder films back to back on my Netflix queue. What the hell was I thinking? I saw ""Girl, Interrupted" yesterday. And all, I kept thinking was that I wish I could interrupt Wynona's acting and tell her that she over acts. Her voice, I find, is irritating. And she is always, in every movie, I've seen her in, this goody too shoes who thinks she wants to rebel, by sleeping with the wrong guy. Case in point, "Mermaids". I loved that movie, when Cher tells her character off, for leaving her little sister to sleep with that guy. And then, the little sis, almost drowns. It's great, how Cher rips it to her. Hey, whatever happened to Wynona? Where is she? Or has her career gone down the toilet after that shoplifting incident?

Wynona is one of those actors, like Keanu Reeves. Whatever movie they are in, they do the same kind of acting. I still think that whenever I watch the Matrix, I always wonder, what's Ted Logan doing in this movie?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mathias42 said...

In general I dislike Winnona, but Girl, Inturrupted was one of the exceptions. Perhaps it was simply that the film was good enough to outshine her inadaquacies.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home