Monday, January 09, 2006

Hero by Ying Xiong

This film has such vibrant colors and amazing cinematography. Beautifully filmed, each sequence. This film reminds me of the old chinese martial arts films that my father would watch when I was a little kid. The outfits, the long hair, the flying acrobatics. Except, this one is way more modern. The artistry of the acrobatics was really pleasing to watch. I did find myself lost in the plot a few times. I also think the English translation was lost at times, and a bit confusing. That's the problem sometimes with english translations. You don't get all the language nuances. I think I would have liked the film more if I had not watched the english dub of it. I usually think reading the english subtitles is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home